NEW COURSE for students taking
the exam starting August 16, 2018
Survey: New America Invents Act Exam Questions Give PatBar Students the Tools to Pass
Patent Office figures show that only four out of ten pass
The Institute for Patent Studies just completed a survey of new Patent Attorneys, and it was very revealing. It showed that about 80% of the questions on the exam are testing the America Invents Act (AIA). Also, new patent practitioners wish they'd had more practice with sample exam questions—especially AIA questions—suggesting they had been given the wrong materials to study. Customers who had bought the more expensive courses said they were overwhelmed with materials and received no guidance; customers who bought cheap courses complained that they received materials they’d already found online for free. Only PatBar Students received the correct materials, the proper guidance, and the best customer service.
Our graduates are employed by:
All Patent Bar questions now secret
Before the AIA came into effect, the Patent Office stopped releasing exam questions and started making all exam takers sign a non-disclosure agreement. Current exam questions simply aren't available to you, to us, or to any review course. Besides making it more difficult to know what's on the exam, the USPTO made it impossible to actually practice answering questions. PatBar understands from our work with thousands of successful alumni that practice is one of the most powerful ways you can study.
Passing is easy if you study correctly
Knowing what and how to study depends on understanding the mindset of the exam writers. PatBar students study correctly, so the exam will be easier than you might expect. You'll feel great walking out of the testing center with a Preliminary Pass printout in your hand. It means you can move on with your life and career. You will be allowed to represent inventors in dealing with the Patent Office and begin making more money than your peers. What will you do to celebrate when you pass the exam?Study the Right Way—Calculate Price
Emphasis on the AIA is essential
PatBar is the original Patent Bar Review home study course, created in 1992 by a registered Patent Attorney. Over the past several years, PatBar has maintained its industry leadership by inventing a new strategy to deal with the difficulty facing current exam takers.
- You start by watching the Beginner's Lecture series, which gives you a gentle introduction to intimidating material, with emphasis on the AIA.
- You go at your own pace with modularized study sessions, and can complete the course quickly—or take as long as you need if you're also working or going to school.
- Each module with new AIA material includes a summary that teaches you the mental framework to understand how the AIA fits in to the lecture.
- After you study the material, each session includes AIA-based practice exam questions plus the same reference material that's available on the real exam, so you can perfect your lookup strategy.
- Exclusive: only PatBar includes over 200 new AIA practice questions written by our program director and based on over 25 years of experience.
- Our proprietary Exam Simulation Suite is the most accurate available, so you can learn to use the reference material, and also get used to the look and feel of the real exam.
- You can ask for help any time to answer specific questions about the AIA, the Exam, the course, or anything else that's holding you back. No other course offers PatBar’s expertise.
I passed! First, thank you for responding to my questions. I know of other programs where help is not so forthcoming. Second, the practice questions and exam software you provided made the difference. By the time I took the exam, I recognized some questions. Otherwise, I knew exactly where to look and which search terms to use.
Glad it's over! Now I can concentrate on finishing law school.
All the best,
Getting started early is important
If you wait until you get approved to take the exam, you only have 90 days to study. This is enough time to fully prepare but, for most people, just barely. Sometimes real life gets in the way. You should start studying before you apply to take the exam. We guarantee that it is risk-free.
Use the only patent bar review course with a triple guarantee
- If the Patent Office determines that you don't qualify during your 9-month subscription, you get a full refund.
- If you take the exam and don't pass, you can use the course for another 9 months until you do pass.
- You can get a full refund for any reason within 30 days.
If that's not enough, you have even less to worry about:
- You can get started right now for free with our course demo—no credit card is required.
- If you run out of time, you can always renew your subscription for 6 months for $195.
PatBar® was established in 1992 by a registered, practicing Patent Attorney. It was the first company to offer a home-study course for the Patent Bar Exam. With over 25 years of experience in preparing students to succeed, we know exactly what needs to be updated and when—several times each year, when needed.
200 Stratford Ln #32
Middletown, NY 10940
Questions of the Week
Ralph, a patent agent, works with several small tech companies that must rely on financing to grow their organization. In some cases a financier wants to review patent applications that have been filed in the USPTO. Ralph has some situations where getting an application on file within a few hours may be important. What should… Read more »
Jones Corp. filed a nonprovisional patent application for an important invention in September 2016. The company is the applicant. Their patent attorney who has a power of attorney has been going through a difficult divorce and Jones Corp. is unsure if their representative will be able to give his best effort going forward. What would… Read more »
Bracket Corp., a French company, filed a patent application in France in 2014. The invention had been very successful so the company was thinking of filing in several other countries. The company had a meeting with their patent representative to form a strategy going forward. The meeting resulted in their deciding to file an application… Read more »
The WaxLike Company (WLC) applied for a patent back in 2013 and the patent issued several weeks ago. A copy of the patent was received in the company’s legal department and copies were forwarded to the company officers and each one of the three inventors and the chief engineer. WLC owns the patent and it… Read more »